Top Social

Denim Jacket - Before & After.

Saturday 15 August 2015
When I was sorting through my clothes the other day I came across a denim jacket that I had purchased from Asos a while ago. I had never really worn it and I couldn't remember why. So I tried it on and I loved the fit but the light denim did not suit me at all. So, I did some mooching online and decided to dye it into a darker shade of denim. I loved the results and of course I wanted to share!

So this was the jacket before. It is a very light shade and although I do like it, it doesn't really suit me. I also wanted to make the jacket more winter appropriate.


I purchased the Dylon wash & dye jeans blue (£5.04) and just followed the instructions on the back. Just to make sure I was doing it correctly. I watched a few videos on YouTube too!


And like magic I was left with a dark blue/navy denim jacket! 


Once the jacket was dry it was super stiffy and crispy so I just scrunched it up to soften it. I will probably end up adding some rips too.

The process was super easy and quick. Plus it was a lot cheaper than buying a new jacket.

Just a quick add on to this post, I made some watercolour sketchbooks a few weeks ago and I cant find a use for all of them. So, I thought I would sell the rest on my Depop account. My username is @poppyykayy. It's UK shipping only at the moment, I'd really appreciate it if you checked them out!


6 comments on "Denim Jacket - Before & After."
  1. This is so cute, Poppy! What a GENIUS idea! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been loving your blog recently.

    www.thescotaffair.com

    Reply x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg it turned out great! :) good job!

    Dorky-and-weird.blogspot.com

    Xoxo Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing job

    ReplyDelete